mandag, februar 27, 2006

Anchorage - Chicago - Oslo

Jeg har lovet å skrive dette innlegget på engelsk til ære for mine venner der borte, så bær over med min engelsk.

Finally home, Norway is still here. The last couple of days was eventfull. Somebody asked me about the bar hopping thing and where wondering if we did make a new record? I don't think so. Let's starte at the beginning. Stefan must be the most wonderful party planner ever. He actually drove around town for 3 hours to find the best divebars (brownbars) in town and after that he made a map.



I'm impressed!! When we first got on the way it all started with me being denied entrance to a bar since I didn't have my passport with me, this wan't promising for the evening. That changed quick since the barkeeper at the next bar on the list was from Denmark and gave us free beer since I spoke to her in danish. Then it went on... we met a guy with an incredible story about he shot a bear that was just about to enter his boat out in the water, he shot it right in the eye, tied it to the boat and sailed away, people going "Dude, there's a bear after you!".

We ended up on a karaoke bar full of inuitts, that was a wild place, with pitchers for only 6 dollars!! (even though only crap beer). I think I did a horrible version of "We Are The Champions", correct me if I'm wrong. We saw no reason to leave that place so we stayed. So all in all we only went to like...5 places. No record, but boy we had fun.

On the way home we tried to put 4 people in the back seat, that was probably the least comfortable ride I've ever had. I present Jeff, Russ ,? and Brackish Boy



On the way home I spent a day in Chicago. Picked up some guitars and went home. Home sweet home. For now anyway, I'll probably be back in Alaska next week ;) KIDDIN'